The Singleton Law Firm, LLC - ARCW Fundraising Page
I’m writing to you as the President of the Junior Board of Directors for the ARCW to ask you to support one of the most important charities in the state and to flat-out help save lives. I know, I know. There are so many worthy causes out there, many which may seemingly impact your community more than the battle against HIV/AIDS. There probably isn’t though, so just hear me out.
THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW
- There is no national HIV/AIDS charity in the United States. Think about that. It’s stunning! Every disease seemingly has a national organization fighting for a cure except HIV/AIDS. That has left individual local charities to handle all the heavy lifting in combating this disease (along with Hepatitis C).
- The ARCW is the largest private HIV/AIDS charity in the country, and there is no state and no organization doing better than Wisconsin and the ARCW in treating HIV/AIDS, or teaching the world how to win the battle against this terrible disease.
- 97% of the more than 3,000 patients the ARCW treats for HIV/AIDS infections have an undetectable viral load, the gold standard in HIV/AIDS treatment. This ensures the longest lives and the lowest risk that the disease will spread.
- We provide holistic medical, nutritional, dental legal, occupational, housing, and mental health treatment to any Wisconsin patients regardless of their ability to pay.
- The ARCW’s model is studied by clinics and providers the nation and world over, and the organization recently took over another state’s services as well, based upon the sheer amount of unmet need in the state of Colorado. Future expansions are expected, but the methods and techniques used here have given Wisconsin HIV/AIDS patients the highest 10 years survival rate for any state in the country, while the U.S.A. already leads the world in that category. By supporting the ARCW, you can not only provide services and assistance to those in Wisconsin, but you can help fund a model which can save lives coast to coast and worldwide.
- We do so much more for our communities than treat HIV/AIDS.
o If you were ever screened for HIV/AIDS or hepatitis on a Wisconsin high school campus or non-profit clinic, most likely the organization testing you for free was the ARCW.
o If anyone know you, such as a client, uses intravenous drugs, the ARCW is the source for needles that keep them clean and prevent the spread of both HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis.
o The ARCW is by far the largest provider of prophylactics in the state. Those free condoms you may have used in college, or may have even found at local bars are provided by the ARCW.
o The #1 outreach and education provider for HIV/AIDS and hepatitis to all Wisconsin populations. From our clinic in Superior Wisconsin, to the inner-city of Milwaukee where currently 1/6 black gay males under 25 have already been infected, we are the front line of public health in your community and we work with the most at-risk, politically disadvantaged people to prevent and treat these deadly diseases.
o The food bank ensures patients and families have healthy food all year round and provides family meals at holidays.
o The staff attorneys help enforce civil rights laws and prevent discrimination.
o The counselors have lead to the lowest suicide rate among HIV/AIDS patients in the country.
o The ARCW is often the only source for comprehensive dental care for our patients who are turned away from private clinics.
o We provide pRep at no cost to at-risk communities, essentially inoculating them from ever being diagnosed or infecting anyone in the future.
The ARCW is helping those that society deems least important. The poor are disproportionately exposed to disease. All of the high-risk infection groups intersect with the communities facing the highest levels of police enforcement. Ultimately, we all benefit in some way from needle exchanges, contraceptives, and testing, by increasing public health at large…even when these programs may be politically controversial.
I know there are numerous charities out there, but in this case, we are winning the war on HIV/AIDS one patient, one student, one drug user, one gay man, one poor woman at a time, and showing the world how to do the same. So, if you are able, take the time right now to click the link below to support the ARCW’s biggest fundraising event. Make a donation through my team’s page or on the site alone…even if it is just a few dollars. Your donation will have an immediate impact at home and a lasting impact on the public health for everyone.
Thank you for your time,
Justin L. Singleton
The Singleton Law Firm, LLC
2727 N. Grandview Blvd, Suite 118
Waukesha, WI 53188
If you would like to report objectionable content on this page, please Contact Us